Our Prices

 

Function Suites

 

Contact Us

 

Club History

 

Home

 

 

 Club History

 

 

Proud History

The club's origins go back to the end of the Second World War, when those who had formally been employed at Swansea Docks were returning home from service. A new National Dock Labour Board had been brought into being and this body was responsible for the distribution of work amongst the dock labour force. The town's dockers called a meeting in 1947 and the original Swansea NDLB Club was formed - but without a club-house!

 

In 1951, NDLB provided the finance for a sports, social and welfare club. Then there were around 16,000 dockers in Swansea Docks. The club was established in Victoria Road, opposite the museum. These premises became overcrowded and in 1966, they moved to their present site. Since then various extensions and improvements have been carried out on the club-house, with the help and support of Coors breweries (formaly Welsh Brewers) and also their bankers Lloyds TSB Ltd. Since then, the club has grown from strength to strength with a wide range of sporting, social, welfare and cultural activities making it one of the most successful clubs in the city.

 

 

 

 

 

What's On

 

 

 

 

www.swanseadockers.co.uk  2010